Library Management In Odoo
Library management system refers to a software-based system that is built and developed to manage all of a library’s internal functions. Acquiring stocks, managing the stock, maintaining the information on the members, and collecting and recording the membership fee, are some of the basic functions of Library Management.
A good library management system should include the following functions:
1. Updated and Maintained details of stock- the system should have the criteria to add the details regarding new books, circulars, magazines, etc. These should be maintained periodically.
2. It should also be able to provide Unique Identification Numbers for the stock while providing Separate Identification Numbers for the members.
3. Another important function that it should have is the smart search option. The user should be able to search for the specific stock he is looking for.
4. Another and one of the most important functions for that system to have is the option to reserve a certain item. A member should be able to reserve his specific item through the user portal by using his identification number.
A library management system would help you manage all of the operations efficiently and would also be transparently available in your database.
Unique Features of our Library Management System:-
● Book Master- This app would allow the librarian to add the books manually or through ISBN.
● Role Management- The database would have two defined roles- Librarian ( all backend management) and Member (user portal rights).
● Membership Management- Librarian would be able to create Paid Memberships as well as Free Memberships. Also, they can print the membership card.
● Inventory Management- this app would be closely integrated with Inventory management to automatically handle the stock when a book is issued or returned.
● Member Portal- a member would be able to request the books available. If a book is not available, the member can add the reservation request for the same. They would also be able to check the status of their reservations and requests.
● Reporting- The librarian would be able to print multiple book issue histories in pdf format.
● Emailer- The Librarian and the Members would be able to get email alerts.
● You would be able to set a specific number of return days along with the fine amount if the book is not returned by the time.
● If you are a private library, you can validate the Paid Membership by configuring it in the settings. You can set the prices accordingly.
● You can add a book Manually.
● Or you can add the book by ISBN.
A library management system would help the members to easily issue a book while it would be easier for the librarians to maintain the records. This application, developed by Kanak Infosystems LLP. would be useful for Schools, Universities, and even Private Libraries or Office Libraries.
If you wish to explore a Library Management System for your organization or institution, Book a demo with us now
Frequently Asked Questions❓
What is a Library Management System?
Library Management System is a software-based system which is developed to manage and automate the housekeeping functions of a Library. It helps you in keeping track of the books, the staff, and the members of the library.
Which is the best Library Management System?
Kanak Infosystems LLP. has recently developed a robust and effective Library Management System with the Odoo Framework to help you with your Library Functions Automation. Acquiring stocks, managing the stock, maintaining the information on the members, and collecting and recording the membership fee wouldn’t be hefty tasks with our Library Management System.
Why are Library Management Systems important?
Libraries are the mansion of knowledge and information. Hence, it is very important to maintain all of that information in a well-structured way in order to avoid any mishandling or misplacement.