Odoo Navigation: How to Navigate in Odoo 15?
This blog is about navigating Odoo 15, the different Filters, Settings, and Views within the application, activity, and functions. Additionally, we'll provide techniques and tips for using the application and getting the most of your time with Odoo.
To begin, go onto yourOdoo 15 Database home page and log in.
Watch this video to learn "How to Create an Odoo Database in Odoo 15."
● After logging in, you'll see Odoo's main menu, where apps (also known as modules) are represented with icons. In starting, you might not have many applications installed. Each application adds additional functions to the Database. And they're added as required.
● To begin creating your Database, you'll need to install the appropriate applications for your business requirements. You can search to find the apps you'd like to install.
● On this screenshot below, you can check which applications your Database has installed already, and you can also look through the apps available to download.
● Take note of the categories menu on the left-hand side of your screen, which makes finding the appropriate application significantly more accessible.
● If you click the "LEARN MORE" button of any app, you will be able to view the app's overview page to determine whether you'd like to install it before installing. If you're ready to install an application, you need to click the icon to install it and then wait for the application to start loading.Please note: For larger apps, this process can take many minutes.
After the application is installed, it will take you to the initial configuration screen of the application to configure it or to the homepage of your Database, where you will be able to view the newly installed apps, known as the Odoo dashboard. Certain new apps will show on your main screen.
👉 ODOO STUDIO
● Odoo Studio is a powerful app available only in Odoo enterprise which allows customizations to the end-user without writing a single line of code. It is as simple as dragging and dropping.
● This you can see on the top of the page on the right side, there will be a tool icon.👉 APPLICATION SETTING
The majority of the applications in Odoo offer customizable parameters and choices that impact the functionality. There are two methods to access an application's settings.
1. From the Setting app on the homepage.
● Within the dashboard, click General Settings. When it loads, you'll be able to view an overview of the General Settings for your Database on the main screen. On the left side, you'll find the installed and configured applications. To access the Settings for each of the installed apps, you need to select the app you'd like to alter, and the settings will display on the right.
● After you've changed the desired settings in your application, be sure to click Save before proceeding to any other application or sub-menus that appears on the page. Moving away from the page could result in losing the changes you made.
2. Once an application with a configurable option launches, you can click "CONFIGURATION" and then select the component you wish to change by selecting it from the dropdown. Specific applications may also offer the general setting menu item. If there's no available setting menu item, the application depends on the other elements within the Database, and it takes settings from them.
● The search area is available throughout all the applications of Odoo and allows users to find details quickly.
● Search is a specific feature that can be customized to the app you're using. For example, you wouldn't find an Order; you can find it through the search bar of the Sales application.
● Suppose you enter an address of a person, customer or project, employee, or other objects. In that case, it is possible to retrieve the thing to look it up within the application you're using. To help you with this article, we've highlighted a new search function in Odoo that makes the search even more straightforward.
● When you type your search query into the search box and click enter, you will see a drop-down menu pop up with a variety of options to assist you in finding the information you are looking for.👉 FILTERS
● Filters are located directly under the Search bar and permit you to modify the information that appears on any page in every Odoo application. The filters themselves differ; the filter helps you to customize according to your needs.
● Depending on the application you're using. In this instance, we'll explain the fundamentals of how to utilize filters within The Sales program.
● To start, go through sales. To begin, open the sales application. If it's not there, Follow the steps above to install it.
● After you've launched the Sales app, Let's peek at the Search area at the top-right on display.
● Select the Filters option to open the menu of filters. We'll now look at how you can maximize the use of your Filters.
● If you look through the filters offered in each application, the choices are specific to the data contained within the application. The Sales application will be displayed in this case, so the options shown on the screen are specifically for Sales data. There is usually an array of default filters available on the dropdown menu open for users to select from. The screenshot above will give you a good idea.
● If you can't find the data you'd like to see in the filters that are default, You can select a Create Custom Filter option to build the filters you want to use.
● Once you've selected the filters you'd like to apply, Odoo will automatically search the models that you're in for the data you've chosen. The filter you select will appear within the search bar. The filters will appear within the Search Bar located at the top of your screen. To remove a filter from view, select the Filters option, click the relevant filter (to take out the checkmark), or press the "x" to the right of the filter's name within the Search Bar.👉 GROUP BY
● This feature lets you alter how your data is grouped to make it easier to visualize your data and aid in your workflow.
● Select the Group By option to look over the Group By menu options.
● When you view a list using groups, it will combine records using the information in the field that is grouped. If you select Salesperson as a group, you will see that name in bold. Then, you will know the name and the total number of the corresponding records. By clicking on the line, you can increase the view of the list to show the details of the details within.
● If you are grouping several fields, be sure to pay particular focus on how your records are organized. The papers will be grouped in the order that the groupings were chosen. The sets will be visible on the bar for searching (along with other filters).
● As with the Filters function mentioned above, the methods that Odoo allows you to organize your data will be based on the application you're using and the page you're in the application.
● As with a similar filtering option, you can use this add Custom Group option to build your groupings if the default options don't fit your needs. In contrast to Filters, however, custom groupings only permit you to add only one parameter to the Custom Group. However, you can set up several Custom Groups and use them together. Odoo will join the methods of grouping each other and then arrange the data in the manner you've set.
● To eliminate a grouping from the view, hit the group By icon and click the group related to it (to stop the checkmark) or hit the "x" to the right of the group's name on the Search Bar.👉 VIEWS
● This feature is like Group By, but it alters how all data is presented instead of transforming how information is organized on the web page. Consider changing the group by the method as rearranging data in a pie chart when changing View is like switching from the pie chart to a line graph.
● Odoo offers a variety of perspectives that you can select from.
● There are various perspectives accessible within any application, tucked away in the search bar on the right-hand side. Each view is marked with an icon. Opinions available will differ between the apps.
We will look at each view and give examples of how the pictures appear when you select them.
This article will use the exact data for each view to show how your data can be changed simply by altering a View.1.) Kanban
● This view allows you to build the Kanban board that displays your data. Kanban is an organizational system that usually uses cards and columns to show the data.
● Each time a project, task, or item is moved through the kanban process in a row from right to left, it is easy to track where each item is within its existence.
● Each column is a distinct stage in the sales process. You can also see the opportunities under each step. It is possible to change the item’s location by dragging it into the appropriate column, also known as the drag and drop method. You can also rearrange your columns by removing them and dropping them into the proper position within the flow of the process.2.) List
● This view organizes your data in an orderly format.
● Certain column headers will display an arrow. It means that clicking on that column's header can sort it ascending or descending, and a second click will reverse the sorting order. Some fields do not have this feature.
● This view lets you show your data in the form of a pivot table. In the below example, you can see that the Pivot View is selected from the view menu. The data is displayed in this format, displaying the expected revenue for January and February.
● This view lets you create Graphs and display the data in 4 distinct ways:
- Stacked Bar Chart: This allows you to make a compact visual using stacking data rather than putting it side-by-side.
- Line Chart
- Pie Chart
● To alter the input data used to generate different graphs, press the MEASURES button and choose the information you wish to visualize by selecting it from the dropdown list.
● This view lets you view your Scheduled activities in the form of a calendar. It will show your scheduled events according to day, week, or month. The calendar will only display items added to the Schedule Activity section for each listed item.
● You can see below that the Calendar View is selected from the view options, and Calendar View is shown according to the month.
● This view lets you view all your upcoming scheduled activities for your tasks, such as leads, client opportunities, leads, or any other feature that you have in the Odoo applications.
● The activities in red are late, while those in orange have been scheduled for today, and green activities are planned for later in the future. It is possible to organize additional activities by pressing the + SCHEDULE A ACTIVITY button at the end of the list.
● If you click on activity within the grid, you'll see the specific training and the date it was scheduled, and the option to mark it as done by clicking the checkmark icon, which is grayed out to the right. You can also organize additional events on the row by clicking the "SCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY" + SCHEDULE A ACTIVITY “ button in the middle of the screen.
● This feature lets you execute specific actions to objects in Odoo applications. It could include creating an account on your platform for customers.
● This menu of actions menu is only going to show when you have an item that you have selected in the list view: or in the case that you have a particular record open.
● If you click on the Action menu, You will be presented with a list of pre-determined actions that can be taken to modify or interact with the object. The choices will differ based on your application and the content you're currently viewing or altering. While working within Odoo, make sure you look at an action menu since it can be a fantastic shortcut to the task you're trying to accomplish.
This was all about odoo navigation; Odoo navigation comprises these basics views, filters, groups by, and activities; as you follow these steps navigating in Odoo will be child's play. If you have any questions regarding this topic, you can contact us on the website.
In this video, you can see the same procedure in action.
✍ Check out our other Related Blogs as well.
For More Information on Odoo Consulting Services